Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Good Weekend

This weekend was great for many reasons. It started out with a great Valentine's Day, or "Valentime's Day" as some of my students called it. Friday was a crazy day at school. My class could not hold in their excitement. It was pretty cute to watch them exchange valentine cards with each other and overall I have to say that our class party went smoothly. There was lots sugar and happy kids and one tired, happy teacher at the end of the day.

I had my own Valentine surprise when I came home. Matt met me in the front yard covered in mud, looking like he had just played in a mud football game. My mom had come over to help prune some trees that day, but what I didn't know is that Matt had asked her to help plant a tree for me. This is my Valentine gift from Matt:

It may not look like much now, but in the spring, it will start to bloom with little pink flowers, and someday it will look like this:

It is such a perfect present. I love that it will keep blooming every year and also that it is the same kind of cherry tree that blooms in the quad every spring.

The next part of the weekend that was great is that Matt and I had the same days off - we had a real weekend together and it was wonderful. We had a little get-away to Whidbey Island to stay in Langley for a night. We stayed at a bed and breakfast called the Saratoga Inn. I love that we were not very far from home, but we had the feeling of really having a little vacation, even if it was only for one night. We ate pizza in town and saw a movie. My parents watched Zeke for us, which was really nice of them! It was our first puppy-free day since we brought him home.



Now it's back to school for me and back to work for Matt. It's hard to go back to school after such a nice weekend, but I'm excited to see my students tomorrow and thankful that it is a short week.

No comments: