Monday, September 12, 2011

New Bathroom!


Our new bathroom is finally done! We love it and are so happy with the way it turned out. I never thought I would be so excited about a bathroom, but it really is nice and I love getting ready in our new bathroom every morning. I guess it's the little things in life...

I'm reposting some of the old bathroom photos for a good side-by-side comparison. It is so fun and rewarding to see the before and after!

Here is the old vanity:
New Vanity:
Old shower:
New shower:
Old toilet:
New toilet:
Matt "testing" toilets at the hardware store (wait, what?)
Most of the work in the bathroom was done by these two, amazing men:
Overall, we were able to stick to our budget pretty well. When it came to the finishing details, we got lucky with our cabinet and mirror. We found the cabinet on sale at the cabinetry warehouse where we ordered our vanity. Matt painted it to match and we added matching knobs to go with the vanity.

Lucky find!
All fixed up:
A few weeks ago when our friends John and Jessie were in town, we mentioned that we were looking for a bathroom mirror. It turns out Jessie's brother has some mirrors that came from the waterfront Mariott when it was remodeled. He got a good deal on them, but told us that we could have this one for free. Can you believe it? We are so lucky! I ended up painting the gold trim black to match our countertops and I love the result. That was my biggest contribution to the bathroom!

Mirror before:
Mirror after:
We love our new bathroom and are so happy to have it finished!

2 comments:

Erika Peterson said...

It looks great, Erin! And Matt, of course :)

MadTronics said...

It looks wonderful! Thank you for letting me test out the new bathroom, too. It was a very pleasant place to blow my nose :)