Thursday, July 7, 2011

Swimming Lessons

I apologize for neglecting our poor blog for so long. I have been terrible about keeping it up. Now that it's summer, hopefully I'll have a little more time to post something now and then.

Zeke and I had a fun day at the lake with his cousin Abby and my mom and Aunt Susan. Even though he loves the water, he is still afraid to actually swim. As soon as he gets to a spot where his feet don't touch, he backs up onto the shore. I can't believe I have a lab who is afraid to swim. Aren't labs bred to be swimmers? We tried to help him yesterday by giving him a little push... I mean, "encouragement." He did manage to get himself onto a stump where he got stuck and didn't want to make the jump off. My poor baby dog. Someday he will get the hang of it. At least we all had a fun day and he got a little more swimming experience. We went to Rattlesnake Lake in North Bend and it was absolutely beautiful. A perfect day to be in the water, even for those of us that would rather stay close to shore!



No comments: